Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD

From: John Day
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:33:30 -0400

At 07:39 AM 6/1/2005, Pertti Kellomäki wrote:
I am working on a small volume data logging
device. Google finds all kinds of interesting boards,
but not quite what I am looking for, so I thought I'd
fish for information here. My wish list for the board
is:
        - compact (handheld)
        - AVR controller, preferably ATmega
        - USB
        - alphanumeric LCD (8x1 is sufficient)
        - dataflash
        - a few push buttons
        - piezo buzzer

I do know about the Butterfly, that's what I have been
using to develop the device. I might just tack a serial-usb
module to a Butterfly, but would prefer a more compact board
if there is one. Any suggestions?

http://www.pololu.com

Look for the Orangutan board - ATmega8 with LCD, then the USB01A which is a simple CP2101 based USB to serial interface module. I have both here and they work well - and are inexpensive.

John

--
Pertti