Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD

From: Pertti Kellomäki
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:43:11 +0300

2. kesä 2005 kello 00:27, Gary Douglas wrote:
If you wanted to do a board yourself - or modify your STK500 or similar, you can check out serial interface displays from Matrix Orbital http://www.matrixorbital.com and USB Uarts from FTDI ( www.ftdichip.com ) - these might save you a lot of time! I've used the latter with great success!

I am more of a software guy, so I am trying to get by
with modules that I can buy. I ordered a couple of
DLP-USB245M modules with FTDI chips, which seem
to be pretty nice. One thing I am a bit confused about
the chip is whether it is possible to produce a purely
3.3V design. There is an example of a bus powered
5V system with 3.3V interface in the module's User
Manual, but it does not show where the 3.3V power
supply for the microcontroller comes from. Could I just
substitute a Butterfly with its lithium battery for the
microcontroller?
--
Pertti