Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD

From: Pertti Kellomäki
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:24:00 +0300

2. kesä 2005 kello 23:17, Marvin Dickens wrote:
You need to make sure all of your peripherals are the same voltage because it is very likely that most of the modules that you purchase are going to be 5 volt (It's the way many modules come). It is possible to have 5v and 3.3v in your design, but it adds complexity to the design you may not want to deal
with.

Yes, I think I can see the pain. Given that the Butterfly specs give the
supply voltage as 3.1V - 4.5V, and the USB module is rated 4.4V-5V,
I guess my best option would be to forget the Butterfly's battery and
drive the whole thing from three 1.5V batteries.
--
Pertti