Re: [avr-chat] not able to debug code in bootloader section with jatgice

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] not able to debug code in bootloader section with jatgice
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:01:06 +0200 (MET DST)

"H.-J. Klemt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> There is no bootloader. There is only my application in the
> applicationsection of the AVR.

Ah, now I see.

> But if I did it happens, that the bootsection was not written,
> cause of the mentioned problem of AVR-Studio.

Hmm, then program the flash outside AVR Studio.  Oh, you can even do
it inside AVR Studio I think, just supply the Hex file separately.

> Does someone know how to write data to the same flashsection as the
> current program runs?

You could still merge everything into a single large .text segment as
well, but that will most likely require changes to the linker script.
In terms of the AVR, of course, the SPM instruction must be run from
within the bootloader area (or more precisely, from within the RWW
part of the memory).

> I did not know how to make a function call to a specified
> memorylocation or how to place a function to that special memory
> location.

You can use inline assembly.
You can use a function pointer that is initialized with an
absolute value.