[avr-chat] will an avr be fast enough...

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-chat] will an avr be fast enough...
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:14:12 -0700

So, I'm working on a project where I'll be taking data from an MAX1031
16-channel 10-bit SPI based A2D and need to stream the data out via an
infrared link.  The max SPI clock of the MAX1031 is 10mhz, and I need a
sampling rate of around 20khz/channel.  Will any of the AVRs (I know
there's a new small 20mhz one out) be fast enough to read the data, and
a checksum byte, and somehow modulate an IR LED?  The reciever will be
in close proximity, but going through a layer of opaque material.  It
can be configured that minimal outside light reaches the receiver.

Thanks,
Reza