Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD

From: Matthias Weißer
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR board with USB and LCD
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:13:49 +0200

Pertti Kellomäki schrieb:
I am working on a small volume data logging
device. Google finds all kinds of interesting boards,
but not quite what I am looking for, so I thought I'd
fish for information here. My wish list for the board
is:
        - compact (handheld)
        - AVR controller, preferably ATmega
        - USB
        - alphanumeric LCD (8x1 is sufficient)
        - dataflash
        - a few push buttons
        - piezo buzzer

I do know about the Butterfly, that's what I have been
using to develop the device. I might just tack a serial-usb
module to a Butterfly, but would prefer a more compact board
if there is one. Any suggestions?

You could use the hardware of my USBisp (see my homepage) and connect a LCD, push buttons and a buzzer via an I2C port expander.

--
Matthias Weißer
address@hidden