Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:05:28 +0200

Hi Erik and Yann, and everyone who posted to help me in the last few
days,

I am glad to report that my two mega32 now work like a charm, and
happily run Joerg's PWM demo program (from the avr-libc
documentation) !! :o)
It seems that in the end a good cleaning of the board was all the was
necessary (plus also, possibly, some MISO/MOSI mixing, but please don't
tell anyone ;o).

Well it took very long to get it running, but I don't think it was a
waste of time. I mean, I now know some of the pins of the avr chip like
the back of my palm, I will never again mix MISO and MOSI, I have
studied the PDF datasheet of the chip quite a bit, and I know pretty
much every command of avrdude including the terminal/interactive mode,
as I probably tried each and every of them 50 times during my
experiments lol ;-)
Which leads me to say : thanks Brian for avrdude. After using it
extensively over the last 2/3 days, I just love it. It is simple to use
yet full of features, and this terminal mode is so great. And thanks for
this "-F" option which let me do countless experiments with the AVR chip
safely OFF its board. Avrdude simply rocks, and I am so happy to see
that you and others are still actively working on it to make it rock
even more !! :o)
I am glad this is now sorted and I can at last start actually
programming it... I was starting to feel bad for flooding the list about
my problems ! :-/  But it turned out to be a great way/opportunity to
get to know some of people on this list  :-)

Okay, Let's the fun really being, let's discover what this 16MIPS uC can
do !!! ;o)

Thanks again for everyone who took their time to read me and help me,
that was much appreciated indeed !

Best regards to all,

--
Vince, overjoyed :-)