Re: [avr-chat] Using Minicom (WAS Linux : any good ASCII terminal ?)

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Using Minicom (WAS Linux : any good ASCII terminal ?)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:24:03 +0200

> As root:
>
> minicom -s /dev/ttyS0
> Or whatever your serial port is.  Go through the menus.

> Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816

Thanks Chris, I didn't think Minicom had such an advanced/rich UI.
I did search all the menus and set all the details of my connection (I
think !) and saved it as 'AVR'. But doesn't work. Tried exiting Minicom
and the AVR board, then starting Minico like this (after looking at the
man page) to load my 'AVR' configuration file :

"sudo Minicom -o AVR"

but Minicom keeps using the default setting (modem etc), and in the menu
I can see an option "Save config as AVR", but no option to "Load AVR",
or such... hmmmmmm....

Regards,

--
Vince, a bit disabled at the moment...