Re: [avr-chat] USB and avrdude 5.0 Windows build on Savannah

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] USB and avrdude 5.0 Windows build on Savannah
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 08:22:09 +0100 (MET)

Henrik Maier <address@hidden> wrote:

> This build does not seem to support usb (I tried the -P usb command
> line parameter).

Did you even try to install libusb-win32 before (and tell avrdude's
configure where to find it)?

But anyway, I eventually did that -- and had to find that libusb-win32
is simply a bit more picky about some details.  Alas, I didn't have
time for that experiment before avrdude 5.0, so the required fixes
aren't there in 5.0 (but they are in the tree already right now).  So
for an avrdude that works with USB, you have to wait for the next
version, or use the stuff straight from CVS.  As a number of bugfixes
have been implemented since 5.0, well maybe Brian Dean might roll a
5.1 version within the next few weeks.  I think it would be justified
to do so.