[avr-chat] Emergency, please help! Mac OS X update seems to have confuse

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Emergency, please help! Mac OS X update seems to have confused avr-gcc
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:55:18 -0800

Sorry for the crosspost, but I'm having no luck...

I have a deadline tomorrow with my school project. I've been building circuits all week, and just now discovered that, all of a sudden, avr- gcc seems to be invoking the native as. My Makefile, which hasn't changed since it worked last week, now produces this:

Aero:~/LZRepo/pathfinder/trunk/firmware rmann$ make
mkdir -p obj
avr-g++ -c -g -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O0 -mmcu=atmega128 -D F_CPU=16E6 -I /usr/local/avr/avr/include -I /usr/local/avr/lib/gcc/ avr/4.0.2/include src/Control.c -o obj/Control.o
/usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/as: I don't understand 'm' flag!
/usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/as: Flag option -m has already been seen!

The only thing that's changed is that I installed Apple's latest security update. I don't know why this would've affected how "as" gets called. I'm also don't know why it's not calling avr-as.

I'm going to poke through the man pages to see if there's a way to tell gcc which as to use. In the meantime, I thought I'd throw myself on the mercy of the list.

Thank you!

--
Rick