Re: [avr-chat] Re: AVR-chat Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: AVR-chat Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:00:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Giancarlo Martini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've tried but this is does the result

> avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9405
> avrdude: programmer operation not supported
> avrdude: programmer operation not supported

Your bootloader is too old to support reading fuse values (this has
been an addition of appnote AVR109 that was done after the initial
version of the butterfly loader).  Thus, safemode cannot really
determine the values of the fuses.

However, safemode doesn't make sense on a bootloader at all, as the
bootloader could never change a fuse anyway (since the AVR hardware
simply doesn't allow that).  For that reason, you can always add the
option -u to avrdude for bootloader operation.