[avr-chat] Avrdude: skip programming addresses.

From: Rogier Wolff
Subject: [avr-chat] Avrdude: skip programming addresses.
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:21:13 +0200

Hi,

I have written a small bootloader, which I would like to load near
the top of memory to leave the lower part of memory available
for normal programs.

Instead of flashing my whole app, which through the slow ftdi-bitbang
takes ages, I was planning on first flashing the bootloader, and then

This however requires me to program address 0x600 to 0x750 with my
bootloader. If I call avrdude with:

../avrdude/avrdude-5.3.1/avrdude -c rew2 -p t2313 -V -U flash:w:self_program.hex

it will read the hex file, and start programming 0x000 to 0x750,
taking about 5 minutes. Much longer than what I had hoped. In that
case I can just as well program the app using avrdude directly.

I was hoping I could tell avrdude to start at a specific address,
or preferably avrdude should just see that it is useless to program
addresses to the value 0xff.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

        Roger.

--
** address@hidden ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement.