Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude: skip programming addresses.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude: skip programming addresses.
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:58:49 +0200 (MET DST)

Rogier Wolff <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was hoping I could tell avrdude to start at a specific address, or
> preferably avrdude should just see that it is useless to program
> addresses to the value 0xff.

There are few patches in avrdude's repository which more or less try
to achieve this, I believe.  When preparing the 5.2 release, I tried
to get some feedback on these (in particular, about which one to
prefer), but yielded zerro response.  It eventually turned out my time
to prepare the release then ran out, so I didn't have the time to look
at them myself.

Feel free to have a look at these, and send your comments preferrably
to the avrdude-dev list, or otherwise leave comments in the respective
patch tracker items.  If some of that works out pretty well, and is
exactly what is needed, I'll consider that one for addition before the
next release.