Re: [avr-chat] Re: AVR in Jtag Chain (was: Programmer for everyone!)

From: Steve Franks
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: AVR in Jtag Chain (was: Programmer for everyone!)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:47:11 -0700

The ability to program parts in a JTAG chain downstream of an AVR depends on
the AVR Chip revision. See the datasheet and the errata, but don't expect
clean words about the chip revision when the bug was fixed.

With recent chips it can be done:

> detectchain -c ftdi -t ikda
JTAG loc.: 0    IDCODE: 0x0978103f      Desc: AT90CAN128        IR length: 4
JTAG loc.: 1    IDCODE: 0x05046093      Desc: XCF04S    IR length: 8
JTAG loc.: 2    IDCODE: 0x41c22093      Desc: XC3S500E  IR length: 6

That's good news!  I was sort of disappointed when I never heard back
(other than confirmation that it was legitimate) about the status of
the jtag-chain problem I 'discovered'.

Steve