[avr-chat] avr-gdb can't diaplay variables while setting avr-gcc "Optimi

From: Glen Jackson
Subject: [avr-chat] avr-gdb can't diaplay variables while setting avr-gcc "Optimization level 0"
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

As we all know, setting avr-gcc "Optimization level to 0" will turn
off the optimization. but when after doing this, i can't display the
variables throug avr-gdb. e.g., in avr-gdb mode,

$ print i  //i is a variable in my program

i can't see the value of i.

But set Optimization level to s,1,2,3", then i can see i's value after
the command "print i".

Why? This is a surprise to me.

Ps: my winavr's version is winavr-20060421.

Thanks in advance.