[avr-chat] AVRs in South Africa?

From: Rodney Arne Karlsen
Subject: [avr-chat] AVRs in South Africa?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:26:36 +0200

Hi all

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm kinda at my wits end. I am trying to
find somewhere in South Africa, preferably in Durban, to get Atmel AVRs in a
PDIP package. I contacted Arrow Altech and they only had surface mount, and
EBV wanted me to buy a minimum of like 300 and even then they took a week or
more to respond to my emails.

Right now I am prototyping a device that we hope to produce in quantity later
on but for now I can only justify buying a maximum of 10 AVRs.  I'm looking
for proces on the parts below. The mega8 and mega48 parts are for 2 USB-ISP
units I wanna build for use in the workshop. The device I'm designing would
use the ATMega324 or ATmega644 device.

ATmega324PV-10PU
ATmega324PV-20PU
ATmega644PV-10PU
ATmega644PV-20PU
ATmega8L-8PC
ATmega8-16PC
ATmega48V-10PI
ATmega48-20PI

Any ideas where I can get these parts and how much they would be? If need be
I'll order them from outside the  country if I have to and I can get them
here pretty quickly.

Thanks

--
Rodney Arne Karlsen
LPIC-2, Linux+

Telephone: +27 31 571 1500
Facsimile: +27 31 571 1519
MSN Messenger: address@hidden
Website: http://www.implyit.co.za

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty
girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
That's relativity. - Albert Einstein