Re: [avr-chat] AVR and accelerometers

From: Clemens Koller
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR and accelerometers
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:20:46 +0100

Hi, Bob!
Bob Paddock schrieb:
On Friday 16 November 2007 09:49:08 am Clemens Koller wrote:
nautilussoftware schrieb:
 hello; I am interested in connecting several accelerometers to an atmel
 and maybe using a processor that supports USB. I found an accelerometer
 that uses SPI bus.... In my case it's a ST LIS3L02DQ.
Which can speak SPI as well as I2C.

I have a lot of experience using the LIS3L02DQ and their
ilk with the AVR, most all of it *bad*.  DO NOT use the 302
on the AVR SPI bus, you won't like the results.

Yep... been there, done that. :-)

If you don't want to use I2C to talk to the accelerometer then
hook it up to I/O lines and bit-bang it, do not put it on the SPI bus.

ACK. Mine is currently on I2C... roughly for the reason you explained.
Well, there are several workarounds, but no one is really sexy.
I think I should just get my tiny 0603 solder jumpers patented! ;-)

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller

http://www.anagramm-technology.com