Re: [avr-chat] AVR and accelerometers

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR and accelerometers
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:15:11 +0100

Bob Paddock wrote:
On Friday 16 November 2007 09:49:08 am Clemens Koller wrote:
nautilussoftware schrieb:
 hello; I am interested in connecting several accelerometers to an atmel
 and maybe using a processor that supports USB. I found an accelerometer
 that uses SPI bus.... In my case it's a ST LIS3L02DQ.
Which can speak SPI as well as I2C.

I have a lot of experience using the LIS3L02DQ and their
ilk with the AVR, most all of it *bad*.  DO NOT use the 302
on the AVR SPI bus, you won't like the results.
What about having the LIS3L02DQ's VDD provided by one of the AVR's I/O pin? This way one will activate the LIS3L02DQ under application control, not when the chip is being flashed.

 Bernard