[avr-chat] firmware upgrade = dead avr dragon

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-chat] firmware upgrade = dead avr dragon
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:03:19 -0800

I've seen posts and heard of posts referring to a way to bring a dead dragon back to life, but I've not found the relevant ones yet so I'm posting. I did find a link to a google cache of a page, but the google cache was no longer valid, and the link it referred to was about driving LEDs, not fixing dragons.

So I was prompted to upgrade the firmware, I said yes, it said trying to reach bootloader then it failed. The led on the dragon is now orange (both red and green are lit) and will always stay lit on unplugging and plugging it in. Windows no longer recognizes it, and doesn't do anything when I unplug it and plug it back it.

Is there any way to reflash this sucker and bring it back to life? I've also posted to avrfreaks and to address@hidden but I've not gotten any responses there..

Thanks!
reza