[avr-chat] battery-operated AVRs

From: Marge Coahran
Subject: [avr-chat] battery-operated AVRs
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:50:20 -0500 (CDT)

Does anyone have experience running AVRs on batter power? I want to give a brief demo at a venue without AC. I was hoping that 3 AAA batteries would work, since that gives 4.5V and the datasheet says the AVR I am using (Atmega8515L) can accept 2.7-5.5V power supply. However, this does not work. Perhaps AAA does not produce enough current? Does anyone know if using larger batteries (AA, C, etc) would work, and if so what batteries I need?

Marge