[avr-chat] Ubuntu and stk500

From: Pertti Kellomäki
Subject: [avr-chat] Ubuntu and stk500
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:31:22 +0300

After some years I'm going to dust off the stk500 to do
a bit of development. Since I now have a nice Ubuntu laptop
with an RS-port, I would like to use it instead of
the clunky old Windows machine.

Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of, such as
stk firmware version? I used to use WinAVR and
AVR Studio on Windows, any recommendations of what
development tools to use on Ubuntu? I am very much
a Unix person, so anything involving Emacs and Makefiles
would be welcome ;-)
--
Pertti