Re: [avr-chat] ATmega1284P and Atxmega

From: Peter LaDow
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega1284P and Atxmega
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:28:50 -0800

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Weddington, Eric
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Have you requested samples?

I just did yesterday on the AVR site.  Hopefully it'll get approved
and something will arrive.

I know who the rep is.  I worked with him at my last company.  Since
switching companies, he has been unresponsive and not helpful once he
found out my project was a hobby project.  When you are a production
customer, he is spectacular.  But when you are just a nobody, you get
lost in the noise.

Now, I do understand he has to focus his efforts on those customers
that will bring in sales.  That's his job.  And I'm not asking for
support, only parts.  Perhaps he has trouble justifying to his boss
giving samples to people that won't become production customers.
Shrug.  Either way, I haven't heard a thing from him other than "I'll
get back to you."

Pete
"To love for the sake of being loved is human;  to love for the sake
of loving is Angelic."  -- Alphonse de Lamartine