Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 06:53:26 +0100 (MET)

Bob Paddock <address@hidden> wrote:

>> restricted to two layers and an area of 100x160 mm²,

> PCB has been used to do 8+ layers with 900+ pin BGAs,
> it has no intentional restrictions.

That's, of course, comparing apples and oranges though.  BAE by itself
doesn't have any restrictions, it's just that it's a commercial
program, and this "BAE Light" version imposes some restrictions.  The
full version simply costs quite a little more, but if you add more to
that, you can even use it to design an ASIC. ;-)

Of course, I don't expect an opensource tool to impose that kind of
restrictions.