Re: [avr-chat] OT: will trade JtagIce2's for Dragon's

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] OT: will trade JtagIce2's for Dragon's
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:41:01 +0100

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:25:32 -0700
Steve Franks <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hope this isn't inappropriate for this list.

Well, it 's mean to chata bout AVR's, so must be appropriate ! ;-)

>  I've 3 jtagice2's with
> broken cables.  I'll trade any of them for dragons.  I never debug
> anyway.  The cables are broken, so I cannot guarantee they function,
> but problems appear related to wiggling cables, and then they work
> intermittently.  Tried to replace cables as per previous discussions
> on this list, but Atmel, in their infinite wisdom (1) used a flimsy
> 0.5mm cable for something that gets beat around the lab in the first
> place, and (2) stripped opposite sides of the cable on opposite ends,
> making something that can only be replaced by someone with the
> capability to strip flex.  You have been warned.  I've also
> disassembled them, and there appears no good place to solder headers
> inside to pick up the jtag signals.  Anyway, $900 of scrap laying
> around my lab as far as I'm concerned...

Well, thanks for posting this !
I was hesitating between an expenvive JtagICE2 and a Dragon, looks like
the Dragon will get my money then ! It's limited to 32KB for debugging
but should be enough for my current project.

--
Vince, eventually made his mind