Re: [avr-chat] Updating AVR Development Software On Fedora 10 x86

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Updating AVR Development Software On Fedora 10 x86
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:51:38 +0100

On Monday 16 February 2009 05:25, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I've built myself a couple of Freeduino (Arduino-compatible, uses the
> Atmega168) boards.  ....
> ... I did not apply any patches to these. I commented out all of the patches
> in the RPM "spec" files for Fedora. Are there patches I should have
> included for these versions?

I don't know anything about Arduino, but if you want your tools to be
up to date, you cannot leave the patches out. So, why don't you give my
toolchain installer inside the Femto OS package a try? It downloads,
patches and build the mentioned tools for you, except for the uisp,
which i am not familiar with. Versions are  utils:2.19, gcc:4.3.3,
gmp:4.2.4, mpfr:2.4.0, libc:1.6.4, dude:5.5.

It has been tested for gentoo, ubuntu, osx, windows2000/2003 and
windowsXP but not ... for fedora, so i am curious if it runs, but expect
it will. If you try, please let me know. You can find the package here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=219072

Inside the readme it is explained how to run the toolchain builder.
Good luck!

Ruud