Re: [avr-chat] Re: cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:34:45 +0100

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:54:03 +0100
"Tillmann Krauss" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you want a cheap DIY solution with Jtag you could build a JTAG ICE MK1
> clone for the "older" generation of AVRs.
>
> If you need USB I would use a cheap Serial2USB converter cable with a
> prolific chipset.

Well all I only wanted an ISP programmer and no JTAG, so as to replace
my parallel port 'bsd' cable while I am waiting for my Dragon from
Graham. But it seems there is no "really" dirt cheap or zero cost (like
me bsd cable) option.. so I give up, and I will just wait a few weeks
for my Dragon..

Thanks to all who e-mailed to send their suggestions.

--
Vince