Re: [avr-chat] Need a make guru; embedding web pages

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Need a make guru; embedding web pages
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 20:40:26 -0500

On Sep 1, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2011, at 20:58 , David Kelly wrote:
>
>> The .depend file produced lists *all* dependancies tracking every #include
>> recursively through your system to the very end.
>
> Ah, I wrote that last email before reading the rest of yours (about
> makedepend).

But you are correct in your prior posting that "make depend" will not find
web.h in web.c if web.c does not exist when "make depend" is executed. It would
only exist if you have built without depend, and only if it wasn't nuked by
"make clean".

You have a rule for building web.h out of *.html files. It shouldn't be
circular to say web.o: web.c web.h. Or excessively redundant if makedepends
also creates that rule. Not that sure how GNU makedepends operates but it
should need a list from somewhere to know what files to scan for dependancies.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden