[avr-chat] PDI with Dragon?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] PDI with Dragon?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:57:03 -0700

I built a board around an XMEGA and I'm able to use PDI to program it both from
OS X/avrdude and AVR Studio 6 using an AVR ISP Mk II.

But trying the same thing with Dragon, it doesn't work. When I try to read the
device ID, I get an alert saying:

        "Unable to enter programming mode. Please verify device selection,
interface settings, target power and connections to the target device."

I was able to use this Dragon via JTAG to the Xplain board, but I don't have a
JTAG connector on my board. I've also disabled JTAG via fuses, is it required
to be enabled to allow PDI debugging? I hope not!

Any ideas?

--
Rick