Re: [avr-chat] avrdude arduino failed to connect to mega 644 chip via a

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude arduino failed to connect to mega 644 chip via a Mega 2560 running mega-isp sketch - BUG FIX
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:43:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Peter Saunderson <address@hidden> wrote:

>           Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
>           Using Programmer              : arduino
>           Overriding Baud Rate          : 9600
> avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
> avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
> avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
> avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
> avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I'm curious, this patch recently came in to a FreeBSD problem report:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=179505;cat=usb&getpatch=1

I'm somewhat hesitant to touch that old STK500v1 code anymore (in
order to not break it), but does that patch perhaps solve your
problem?

> I could not get registered on https://savannah.nongnu.org/ because
> of a bug in the New User creation script so could someone please
> apply this diff to the main avrdude branch for me?

I think you can file a bug report without logging in. The only
requirement then is that you should provide an email address so we can
contact you again.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/