[avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR

From: Pertti Kellomäki
Subject: [avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:27:49 +0300

Hi all,

I am planning to implement a simple data logger that periodically uploads a small amount of data (< 100 bytes) to a smart phone. I want to keep cost at minimum, so I am considering using audio to transmit the data inspired by <http://www.ics.uci.edu/~lopes/dv/dv.html>.

The site has ready to go sample code for Android, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar with an AVR at the sending end. My knowledge of DSP is pretty rudimentary, so any insights into the kind of hardware and encoding to use are all welcome.
--
Pertti