Re: [avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR

From: Pertti Kellomäki
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:58:37 +0300

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the pointers.

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Stuart Longland (VK4MSL) <address@hidden> wrote:
In your application, you'd basically be looking at the AFSK modulator,
and feeding in your own bit stream from there.  Implementing a full
packet modem with AX.25 would be massive overkill, but the lower level
mechanics are there for what you're after.

Yes, the sending end can indeed be very simple. If there is a transmission error, the phone application can simply ask the user to try again. One twist in my application is that I want to produce actual sound, not feed the signal into a microphone jack, but it won't probably make much difference.
--
Pertti