Re: [avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR

From: David VanHorn
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Audio modem with AVR
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 06:48:35 -0600

FWIW DTMF can be used to send data more quickly than you'd think.

There is a requirement for silence after every digit, which makes it seem slow, but you can drop that silence if the next digit you transmit is different from the current one.   Using "_" for 50mS pause and "." for no pause, a string of same digits is slow, 1_1_1_1_1 but different digits is fast 1.2.3.4.5   Real data would look something like this:  1_1.3.2.5.4_4.