Re: [avr-chat] STK500 w/ EEPROM chips

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] STK500 w/ EEPROM chips
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 07:26:18 +0200

Am 08.08.2015 um 21:32 schrieb Kyle Evans:
I read that the Raspberry Pi can do it. I have one of those too, but I'd
rather have something more robust than a socket floating in mid air
wire-wrapped to some pins on the Rpi.

One idea that comes to my mind is: you can try to wire a connection between the RPI and the STK500. Best would be to use the STK500 w/o power-supply (address@hidden vs address@hidden) - and use it as a socket breakout board.

However I'm not sure if this is worth the time, it might be better to make a small PCB (e.g. for RPI) for that particular purpose. A mechanical stable solution could look so:
http://www.mikronauts.com/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-i2c-eeprom-gang-programmer/

Cheers, Axel.