Re: Can't verify avrdude-6.3.tar.gz

From: hyperowl
Subject: Re: Can't verify avrdude-6.3.tar.gz
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 04:24:16 -0700

Thanks for replying. I managed to solve the problem.
Here's the command I initially used:

gpg  --no-default-keyring --keyring ./keys  \
     --auto-key-locate --auto-key-retrieve  \
     --verify avrdude-6.3.tar.gz.sig

I tried to alter --auto-key-locate without luck. E.g. I tried this:

--auto-key-locate local,keyserver-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Maybe I don't understand how it actually works. In the end I replaced it
with --keyserver like in your command and it worked.

> As a note, I'm not sure how active avrdude is as a project now. There has
> not been an update since 2016. It has been a while since I've used avrdude
> myself. I've used it in the past and I like it. I'm very rusty these days.
> Read the documentation that exists and good luck to you!

I wanna program ATmega328P via linuxgpio. I found some pretty old
tutorials on the subject so I figured I should be fine with 6.3. Anyway,
thanks for the help.