Re: [Axiom-developer] source

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] source
Date: 28 Oct 2002 10:05:50 -0500

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> I haven't posted the source yet. I'm trying to build a working
> version.  The source code won't be particularly useful if you can't
> run it.  Axiom is based on a new lisp (Codemist Common Lisp) since I
> last used it and I'm learning how to build it. The key issue is that
> the underlying Lisp requires some built-in support.  That and some
> personal commitments are taking time.

No problem, I understand completely.  Not that I have much time
either, but if you get overloaded, you might try posting what you have
(with ample disclaimers) and solicit the few free moments of other
interested parties to get some traction. Much to my pleasant surprise,
the gcl developer list has grown to 11, most of whom contribute
regularly.

> I have been looking at the GCL-MPI enhancements as one of the listed
> goals is having parallel programming support. I'll get back to you on
> this as soon as I resurface.

Great!  We would like to include the mpi extensions in the
distribution.  We need to figure out a policy, though, for these
optional ffi interfaces, as they are beginning to proliferate.

> Tim

Thanks for your work with axiom!

Take care,