Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom next release

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom next release
Date: 18 Feb 2003 21:30:42 +0100

Hello tim and bill,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) do the CVS checkout into (pathname)
>     The build tree starts at (path)/axiom/new/new due to a
>     mistake in the original CVS checkin
> 2) cd (pathname)/axiom/new/new
> 3) edit Makefile
>      change
>        SPD=/home/axiomgnu/new
>        SPD=(pathname)/axiom/new/new
> 4) edit Makefile.pamphlet
>      change
>        SPD=/home/axiomgnu/new
>        SPD=(pathname)/axiom/new/new
> 5) export AXIOM=(pathname)/axiom/new/new/mnt/linux

I have done the following steps but there are several remaining issues :

 (i) in new/new/src/interp/debugsys.lisp.pamphlet, the path to
 /home/axiomgnu/new is hard coded (and it is indeed written in the
 documentation! :) so it should be changed with (pathname)/axiom/new/new

 (ii) as bill page, a latex is called ("/usr/bin/latex Makefile.tex"),
 but I don't know for which Makefile.tex (is it because I have modified
 the pamphlet? Probably). Anyway, this latex compilation does not seem
 to work. I had to kill the latex process twice.

> 6) type "make"

It is still compiling on my old celeron 500 :) so: to be continued...

Best regards,
david
--
 address@hidden