RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom debugging

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom debugging
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:40:48 -0400

Tim,

OK, thanks. Now I understand... more or less. (It will
be more as time goes on <grin>). Is it "normal" for a
lisp application to segfault in this way rather than
having the error caught in some gentler way?? No matter.

What I am actually looking for is a simpler example of
an Axiom set function that actually fails. So far nothing
seems wrong. But according to my current only limited
understanding, it seems that each type which can be used
to construct a set needs to have it's own "set method".
Via if $ has SETCAT? Right? So sets constructed of things
of rather different and complex types might be required
in order to display this wrong unset-like behaviour
(duplicate elements). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bill Page.