[Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:10:01 -0400

Good job, guys. Congrats.

David, the mailing lists are rather permanent objects. Since I expect
that the volume of mail for the website will be rather low I'd prefer
to use the developer list at the moment. If the volume becomes an
issue we can certainly fork off a new list.

On the "mailing list page" (axiom/community.html) the phrase
"All right reserved" appears. Perhaps we should remove that.

Can you make the mailing list names on the mailing list page
links to the list archives?

The pages all have the word "about" in the top right corner.

On the download.html page we should have a link to
http://axiom.tenkan.org
Better yet, if somebody can figure out how to upload files to the
download area we should move the whole tenkan file and page to the
Axiom savannah site. I think Bill Page figured out how to do this.

re: Axiom birthday. Nobody knows. The project traces back to a
prior project called MODLISP which gradually morphed into Scratchpad,
which morphed into Scratchpad II, which officially became Axiom.
MODLISP was a late 60s project (around 1967 I believe). I chose
1971 because "30 years" is a good time frame and I started the
campaign to release Axiom in August of 2001.