[Axiom-developer] Re: New design for Axiom web site

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: New design for Axiom web site
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:34:30 +0200

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> David, the mailing lists are rather permanent objects. Since I expect
> that the volume of mail for the website will be rather low I'd prefer
> to use the developer list at the moment. If the volume becomes an
> issue we can certainly fork off a new list.

Ok. I'm not sure to have express my issue very clearly. At the bottom of
each page, there is an hyperlink Webmaster that currently points to my
email address. The pointed Webmaster email needs to be open to
anybody. In other words, it can't be the current mailing lists (like
axiom-developer) that need subscription, confirmation, etc. That's why I
was looking for an alternative, like using a non-public mailing-list
open to anybody.

Of course, I can put anybody else as webmaster, I don't mind.

> On the "mailing list page" (axiom/community.html) the phrase
> "All right reserved" appears. Perhaps we should remove that.

done.

> Can you make the mailing list names on the mailing list page
> links to the list archives?

I have added an Archive link for each mailing list. Moreover, the
mailing list name points to the corresponding subscription web page.

> The pages all have the word "about" in the top right corner.

removed (more exactly commented out). It was in the original design of
Antoine. I don't know what was his intent.

> On the download.html page we should have a link to
> http://axiom.tenkan.org

done.

> Better yet, if somebody can figure out how to upload files to the
> download area we should move the whole tenkan file and page to the
> Axiom savannah site. I think Bill Page figured out how to do this.

I was wondering if it is very useful to put this version of Axiom (the
tenkan one) to be downloadable. If people use this version (that, if I
remember correctly, contains free code but was built with a non-free
Axiom), they won't find issues in the CVS version. The behavior of Axiom
might also be different. In other words, two code base to maintain.

Yours,
d.
--
 address@hidden