Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: patch to tex.spad.pamphlet

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: patch to tex.spad.pamphlet
Date: 28 Sep 2003 21:51:55 -0400

Tim,

Ok, Cloning tex.spad to texmacs.spad (or latex.spad) seems
fairly easy to me. But how do you implement a new command
like

  )set output texmacs on

??

Also, I am quite interested in this line-breaker program.
Texmacs does not seem to apply any line-break algorithm
to what Axiom generates <frown> so the output can look
quite unreasonable. For example I tried the first example
in the book:

  integrate(1/(x**3 * (a+b*x)**(1/3)),x)

and the result is not much like the output as shown in
the book. It is all on one line.

I recall that the line break program was in C. Perhaps
it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate it into the
tm_axiom filter program.

This also brings to mind another option here. I could
modify the tm_axiom program to convert \root{n} \of {x}
to the LaTex form before passing it to TeXmacs. That way
we could continue to use Axiom's tex output.

Could you send me the line-break program? Then I will
give this a try.

Cheers,
Bill Page.