binary releases and packaging (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Handling o

From: David MENTRE
Subject: binary releases and packaging (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:49:23 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

> builds. I have been trying to get Axiom to build on Mandrake 9.1, Suse 6.4,
> BSD 4.8, Debiab 30R1, Mac OS X 10.1 and Windows XP, so far with little

Oh, it reminds me that I asked our local Mandrake packaging guru if he
could package Axiom. He told me that the
directory-path-should-not-be-uppercase bug is a show stopper: the
default build directory for Mandrake packages is RPMS (or something like
that).

> I do think we need binary distribs as not everyone will have the time and

Of course. The question is: at which step do we do our binary releases?

If you judge that the current CVS version should have a binary release,
then I'll upload to savannah my own build with instructions to setup
$AXIOM and launch it.

Yours,
d.
--