[Axiom-developer] Lost mail? GET-CURRENT-DIRECTORY bug

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Lost mail? GET-CURRENT-DIRECTORY bug
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:49:46 -0400

Hans Peter (address@hidden) wrote:

> I tried to post a question to the mail-list, but it didn't seem to arrive.
> The mailing address I chose was "address@hidden" and the subject:
> ")library XY => System errror".
>
> Do I have to subscribe to the mailing lists, before I can post?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Hans Peter

Yes, I believe the mailing lists are set up so that you have to
subscribe although I can't find an option that states that fact.
Otherwise we'd all get rich, have cheap medicine, and be as handsome
as I am naturally. :-) I checked the archives and, indeed, your mail
was never archived.

> P.S. This was the message:

> I am using axiom compiled from CVS of 2003-10-3 (on a Debian machine) and
> trying to run library code found on the Internet (itovsn3). The library
> command causes an error:
>
> (1) -> )library BSD
>
>    >> System error:
>    GET-CURRENT-DIRECTORY is invalid as a function.
>
> protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
>
> Could someone maybe give me a hint what's going wrong?

The lousy, untalented, worthless, good-for-nothing lead developer
let the code get out the door without extensive testing? Well,
that's the most likely reason. It's a bug. We'll record it and
get it fixed.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden