[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Looking for beginning with axiom.

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Looking for beginning with axiom.
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:36:33 +0200

Hello Bill,

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have completed a first draft of the "Axiom with TeXmacs"
> tutorial. You can download it from Axiom_Tutorial at

A lot of work! I've just browsed quickly through the tutorial but it
seems very complete. Many thanks Bill.

> For reference and convenience, I have also included a single
> PDF file containing the entire tutorial. It is not necessary
> to install TeXmacs or Axiom in order to view this PDF file.

Good idea. A minor glitch: the produced PDF file is of poor visual
quality on a computer screen. The embedded fonts are bitmap and thus
cannot be anti-aliased on screen (as I have seen on Acrobat Reader on
Windows platform).

How have you produced the PDF? Through LaTeX? I have tried the latex
export on the tutorialTOC.tm document but it does not include the other
chapters. I also tried tutorialFULL.tm but the produced latex document
is empty.

If you can produce a latex file corresponding to the tutorial, pdflatex
shall produce a better PDF. And using the hyperref package, you might
also have links inside the PDF document.

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/