Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: chunking

From: Dylan Thurston
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: chunking
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:30:07 -0400

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:43:29PM +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The primary use of chunking is to reorder the program source into
> > a document-style of explanation.
>
> That's what I wanted to avoid: moving code chunks to fits the
> documentation. In my modest experience, it is better to follow usual
> coding practice for the given language. I may be wrong. Time will tell.

I have some limited experience with Haskell literate programs.  Haskell
does not provide any mechanism to move chunks in literate programs, but
in practice it is not at all an issue: since definitions are almost
invariably short and can appear in any order, there are few constraints
on natural writing style.  Axiom may well be the same way, with the
possible exception of the interface/implementation split.

Peace,
        Dylan