Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:36:42 -0500

Juergen,

Variable passing thru the environment is the only known way to pass
this information. The original make did not have an include mechanism.
The makefiles don't use any (well, almost any. We now use $(shell) and
$(notdir)) non-vanilla make features. This is for historical reasons
and I guess it's time to assume gnu-make is available everywhere.

I'll look into the include mechanism.