Re: [Axiom-developer] Questions (Bugs?)

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Questions (Bugs?)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:46:18 +0100

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> The third example (there is a typo Cateroy should be Category)
> does fail and should be added to the bug list. The interpreter
> uses a different parser than the compiler.
>
> You can correctly compile this code by making a file (say, f.spad) thus:
>
> )abbrev category MYCAT MyCat
> MyCat:Category == with { new: ()->% }
>
> The system needs the ")abbrev" line.
> Then do:
>
>   )co f.spad

I don't understand what you have said. You meant that above code can
compile in a file (f.spad) but does not compiled in the interpreter? Is
this the bug?

In the interpreter:

(2) -> )abbrev category MYCAT MyCat
   MYCAT abbreviates category MyCat
(2) -> MyCat:Category == with { new: ()->% }
   Internal Error
   Unexpected error in call to system function pf2Sex1

In a file:

address@hidden:/tmp$ cat > f.spad
)abbrev category MYCAT MyCat
MyCat:Category == with { new: ()->% }
address@hidden:/tmp$ axiom

(AXIOM Sockets) The AXIOM server number is undefined.
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
             Version of Thursday November 27, 2003 at 20:51:53
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase

"running ~david/axiom.input"
Value = NIL
(1) -> )co f.spad
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file /tmp/f.spad using old system
      compiler.
   MYCAT abbreviates category MyCat
   initializing NRLIB MYCAT for MyCat
   compiling into NRLIB MYCAT

;;;     ***       |MyCat| REDEFINED
Time: 0 SEC.

   finalizing NRLIB MYCAT
   Processing MyCat for Browser database:
--->-->MyCat((brace (attribute (construct (: new (Mapping %)))))): Not
documented!!!!
--->-->MyCat(constructor): Not documented!!!!
--->-->MyCat(): Missing Description
Compiling /tmp/./MYCAT.NRLIB/code.lsp.
; (DEFUN |MyCat| ...) is being compiled.
;; The variable |MyCat;AL| is undefined.
;; The compiler will assume this variable is a global.
;; Warning: The variable #:G1407 is not used.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling /tmp/./MYCAT.NRLIB/code.lsp.
   MyCat is now explicitly exposed in frame initial
   MyCat will be automatically loaded when needed from
      /tmp/MYCAT.NRLIB/code

(1) ->

--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/