Re: [Axiom-developer] group theory classification

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] group theory classification
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:54:43 -0500

Dylan,

If you can find a copy of
Steen, Lynn Arthur and Seebach, J. Arthur "Counterexamples in Topology"
Springer-Verlag (1978) or Dover (1995) see page 16. The diagram given
there for topology is essentially what I'm trying to achieve for the
group theory work. (It is an astonishing diagram and I don't hope to
achieve nearly so complete an understanding.) I'd also like a similar
diagram describing rings, unique factorization domains, etc for algebra.
This kind of exposition would put our understanding of the fundamentals
of Axiom on a solid footing.

I need to achieve this kind of understanding (or some shadow of it) in
order to properly add categories to Axiom and to construct the crystal.