Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FeynCalc

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FeynCalc
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:06:26 -0400

C Y,

> It's not clear to me how this would help, unless
> you are looking to duplicate the graphical display
> of Mathematica.

Actually, I'm writing up the (new) quarterly Axiom report and this
is something we eventually need. I think we could get part way there
with a (latex -> dvi -> advi -> borderless miniwindow) kind of hack.

It was a misunderstanding on my part as I was unaware that MMA files
were ascii. I took the long way around and got the viewer and, while
trying to find out how to use it discovered that I didn't really
need it.

> Having Axiom and Maxima versions of Feyncalc would be
> really excellent - each system could serve as a check
> on the accuracy of the other.  Keeping both current would
> be a bit of work though.

Do you consider FeynCalc useful and worth the effort to port?
If so, it might make a useful test case for writing some programs
to extract MMA information. There is still a long distance between
MMA and Axiom and, unfortunately, the path travels thru someone's
eyes and out their fingers.