Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FeynCalc

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FeynCalc
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

Free viewer?  Do you mean this?

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathreader/

It's not clear to me how this would help, unless
you are looking to duplicate the graphical display
of Mathematica.  The concepts will have to be
translated from Mathematica's world to Axiom's (or
Maxima's for that matter) and that will be the
hard part.

As I understand it, Dr. Fateman's mockmma package
could be used to do a rough translation, which would
then need much work and probably some redesign to
actually take the rest of the way to a reliable working
program.  I'm guessing Axiom is more different from
Mathematica than Maxima is, at least in approach.
Undoubtedly an Axiom version of Feyncalc would be
a powerful tool though - perhaps the different design
decisions of Axiom would actually be an asset :-).

Having Axiom and Maxima versions of Feyncalc would be
really excellent - each system could serve as a check
on the accuracy of the other.  Keeping both current would
be a bit of work though.

CY