[Axiom-developer] Math Chat

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Math Chat
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:34:39 -0800

I discovered today the feature of zwiki which creates a "chat" basically
involving a web page that is refreshed every 10s::

    http://zwiki.org/ChatRoom

I have long wanted an interface that would enable me to communicate with
remote collaborators and send/receive math.   It should be trivial to
plug latexwiki into this chat (I'll try it later).  It would also be
cool to have a shared axiom session...

Up to now I was thinking of a standalone plugin for an existing chat app
like gaim.  But the above is an interesting demonstration of the idea,
nonetheless.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin